Monday, October 11, 2010

Trust the Gut Feel

One thing I learnt last week - trust my gut feel. Many things happened recently which I rather it not happen. Only if I just trust my gut feel!

I attended this talk once. It was a form of a motivational talk cum neuro-linguistic programming workshop. In that particular workshop, there were the open-minded, and there were the cynical. I was on the fence.

There was a concept that I took back from the workshop which stuck with me. In the 28 years of our lives, our body and mind has undergone so many events. Why is it that we can at times look at the sky, and in our gut, know whether it is going to rain? That's because the body has subconsciously been in such a situation countless of times. It is a sort of programming that has been done without our intentional effort. This is probably one of the ways I learnt how to explain my usage of gut feel.

There is a blessing to me this week. I was shielded from the whiplash of a particular "feedback". If I had chosen not to do something. This will not have occured. Nevertheless, it occured. I thank God for the hand of protection, that kept me from being entwined in a brawl among some top guns. This experience is something I went through time and again, and I know that it is not by chance that this happened. Thank God.

No comments: