Friday, October 8, 2010

Love or Nothing

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

(extracted from the opening verses of 1 Corinthians 13)

Ever since Mdm Kwa passed away last Saturday, I religiously read every single article about her that I could get my hands on. Every single article more or less covered the same thing - she was MM's confidante, tower of strength, manager of his household.

Before the casket was covered, MM's kisses were what I remembered of the entire 4 days that she was placed there. The significance of his actions reminded me of the verses above. If I have done everything, given everything, but have not love, I gain nothing. MM, through his life, I would say, have probably contributed and gained more than most of us. But one thing prevails - love.

No comments: